Want to write for us?
We welcome writers to contribute high quality content to the UpscaleHouston (UpsHou) website.
You can submit for consideration an original article (not previously published anywhere else, including your own site), with content based on your personal experiences and/or professional expertise, and we will review it for potential publication on our site.
Before submitting articles, please read our guest writing guidelines below carefully. Articles submitted must meet all of the requirements in order to be considered.
OUR TONE …
… is friendly, upbeat, encouraging, optimistic, open-minded, and professional. Stories are written with a positive spin; we approach topics as fans, not critics. We are not about sarcastic, dictatorial, or polarizing approaches that create division. We hope you agree that society is in need of the direct opposite of this old-paradigm and negative energy. So as a guest writer we invite you to contribute and collaborate with us in bringing a different vibe to the world! Let’s embrace all people and be solutions focused.
OUR PURPOSE …
is to promote diverse conversation, voices and perspectives not only through the people and stories we cover, but also through the voices we are highlighting and seeking out.
The Type of Articles We Welcome
Our community loves to receive actionable inspiration for a better life and a better world. You are welcome to submit articles in your area of expertise that relate to the overarching categories below. If your article cannot naturally fit in any of these categories, our website and community may not be the best platform and audience for your message.
- Houston & Texas News
- Community News & Information
- Art & Culture (Museums, Exhibits, Stage & Theatre)
- Local Events
- Local Intel (People to Watch, Live Entertainment, etc)
- Grand Openings/Product Launches
Local & Global Topics
- Health & Wellness
- Lifestyle (Including – Motivation/Inspiration, Goals, Planning, Change, Success)
- Relationships (Including – Social, Family, Parenting, Dating, Sex)
- Society & Activism (Including – Making a difference in the world)
- Spirituality & Faith
Tone & Content Guidelines
- Be honest and authentic, and let your personality come through in your writing.
- We welcome edgy topics, but please don’t resort to shock value.
- Your story should always provide a service to your reader.
- Be clever in your writing but not salacious or snarky.
- Use slang and abbreviations sparingly.
- Keep headlines and main images clean and safe for work.
- All submissions must be original content that you own the rights to.
- Please fact check your story and provide sources for all your info.
- If you include images, you must own the rights to them.
- Images must be high-resolution and be at least 1456 pixels wide.
- Submission of a post does not guarantee it will be published on UpscaleHouston. Our team will reach out if we’d like to run your story.
If you are making any scientific claims, make sure to cite your sources. Please use sources that high authority.
Important – Process & Terms
- Please submit only 1 post at a time.
- We do read every submission that we receive. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your contributions to UpscaleHouston.
- Due to the fact we are a very small team at UpscaleHouston and we receive such a high volume of guest post submissions, please be aware that…
- If your article has been accepted we will respond to you within 30 days of receiving your article. We will also then let you know as soon as your article has gone live on the UpsHou site ready for sharing with your audience.
- If you have not heard back within 30 days, it means that on this occasion your article has not been accepted. The reasons for this may vary, and may be due to not meeting aspect/s of our guest post guidelines above, or potentially if we already have other articles on the exact same topic already posted on the site.
By submitting articles to UpsHou you acknowledge that:
- Submitting an article for consideration does not guarantee that it will be published. We assess articles based on fit with the above writing guidelines and also with regards to fit with our UpsHou website brand, mission and values.
- UpsHou does not pay for content contributed.
- You accept our Terms of Service.
- You accept any form of editing the UpsHou team considers to be reasonable and necessary to maintain a high standard of quality with posts published on our Site.
We reserve the right to:
- Decline articles submitted, without providing reasons. (We are a very small team at UpsHou and receive a large volume of submissions. It is not possible for us to provide feedback on individual articles. We appreciate your understanding.)
- Adjust article titles where necessary, to help optimize reader engagement for your article.
- Make basic edits to articles (including but not limited to spelling, grammar, and paragraph/sentence structure for the purpose of improving readability).